Answers to frequently asked questions
HELP! I’m having trouble playing videos.
Don’t give up! Most likely, your fix is easy and can make all of your internet surfing faster. Read through our most common issues guide below or email us directly (email@example.com), we’re here to help!
iPad users read this:
Be sure these settings are correct on your iPad:
1) Go to Settings—> Safari—>Block Cookies—> ALLOW FROM WEBSITES I VISIT
2) Go to Settings—> Safari—>Advanced—> Make sure JAVA is turned ON
3) If you are experiencing Playback issues: Go to Settings—> Safari—>Clear History and Website Data—>Select CLEAR.
Almost all video streaming problems happen for 2 reasons:
- Stop the video if it is running poorly–> Refresh the page and then press play again.
- Try locating yourself closer to the router that is sending out your internet Wifi signal. Close all other applications that use the internet like iTunes, email, YouTube etc… If you are at home kick everyone else who is online off.
- If you are traveling, switch to 3G network if the Wifi is spotty (goes up and down in strength).
WHY: Internet connections fluctuate in strength, especially Wifi, and this makes streaming videos difficult. Our videos automatically adjust to your bandwidth and send a lower quality video if your connection is slow or weak, but if the bandwidth jumps around too quickly, the videos have a hard time “switching.” Not sure your bandwidth is the issue? Try this quick Test:
BANDWIDTH TEST : Check your actual internet bandwidth here . Select your location to the right of the big dial. Compare your results to see where you are on the scale.
2) One of your devices needs an update.
SOLUTION: Try these steps:
- Switch to using Firefox or Chrome as your internet browser. Currently, Firefox & Chrome are the best browsers for streaming video, hands down. Try the website with this new browser. Still not working?
- Update Flash. Go here–> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and make sure you are running the latest version of Flash player. Try the website and see if the videos play. Still not working?
- How old is your modem and/or Wifi router? (These are the annoying blinking boxes under your desk.) Devices older than 3 years will really struggle with the new technology of today. Replacing modems (and Wifi routers if you didn’t buy yours separately) is free from your internet provider. Call and tell them you cannot watch streaming video. They will replace that old box(es) with a new powerhouse that will dramatically increase your bandwidth overall, woohoo!
Still having problems? Email us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible, usually the same day.
How can I upgrade my subscription from monthly to annual?
Upgrading your membership is simple!
1) Click the “My Account” link in the upper right of the website.
2) Select “Subscriptions”
3) Select “Upgrade”
You will be taken to a page where you can choose your membership options. You will need to enter in your credit card information again.
*NOTE: Monthly or yearly plans cannot be switched over to the free trial plan.
How do I cancel or suspend my Account?
Cancel or Suspend Account
If you wish to cancel or temporarily suspend** your account, go to the “My Account” link (At the bottom of the website page).
1) Click “Subscriptions”
2) Select “Cancel”
You will still have full access to the website until your next billing cycle.
Come back anytime! All of your Favorites, Classes Taken, Comments and Star Ratings will be saved.
To Re-activate your Subscription
Simply login using your same Username and Password. You will be prompted to re-activate with your credit card. If you can’t remember your Username, email us and we’ll find it: email@example.com.
**Please note- Only members using PayPal are able to suspend their memberships. This is done at the members PayPal account page not through Athleticulture account page
How do I update my credit card information?
To Update Your Credit Card
1) Select “My Account” at the bottom of the website.
2) Select “Subscriptions” in the options listed.
3) Select “Update” and enter new credit card information.
Do I need special equipment for Athleticulture?
No. Many of the classes on Athleticulture use only a mat on the floor, a bit of space and some music!
Here is a list of the movements and some of the equipment or props you may want to have handy:
yoga block, strap , bolster
grab a chair!
Can I use Google’s Chromecast Device to watch Athleticulture?
You can send Athleticulture to your big screen TV using your Google Chromecast device! As long as you are using the Google Chrome Browser simply open Athleticulture in a new tab and click the “Cast This” tab button. You can learn more about using google’s chromecast here:http://www.gizmag.com/5-ways-to-get-more-out-of-google-chromecast/29125/
Is my credit card secure?
Yes. We take security very seriously and to ensure that your credit information is safe, we have partnered with a leader since 1996 for secure internet transactions: Authorize.Net.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
Authorize.net adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Athleticulture is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
Where do I start if I’m a Beginner?
We encourage you to have a look through the website and look for Level 1 classes. These classes are a great place to start. Our advice is choosing a video that is short and slowly building up to longer classes. You can also do multiple short classes. Have fun and try something new!
How do I connect my computer (PC or Mac) to my TV?
By connecting your computer to your TV you can to watch our classes on a larger screen. Click here for a video tutorial on how to connect your TV to your computer or you can find written instructions here.
Here is another great video on connecting your laptop to your tv!
Do I need high speed internet connection to use Athleticulture?
Yes. Our classes stream through your internet connection and require a high speed connection to play.
How do I upgrade my Flash Player?
Streaming Video requires some devices such as laptops, tablets, smart phones and other mobile devices to have the latest version of Flash installed.
Go here to Download Flash Player.
My screensaver keeps interrupting my videos. How do I stop it?
If you are using a Mac, in your System Preferences click on Energy Saver and set the computer and display to sleep at a time greater than the class you plan to take. For Windows, right click on the desktop, click on Properties, click on Screen Saver and adjust the setting accordingly.
How do I save classes in My Classes Taken or My Favorites?
My Favorites: You can save classes to My Favorites by clicking on the heart icon below the class. Remove a class from My Favorites by clicking the heart again. You can also rate classes anonymously using the stars and you can make comments on classes. Your Profile information will appear next to your comments. You can share classes via email and social media.